Solicitations Close: December 3, 2013
QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of NV, is seeking a highly skilled SQL Server DBA for an upgrade fro the Nevada Department of Education which is located in Carson City, NV.
The Nevada Department of Education (NDE) is seeking consultants to upgrade the Bighorn portal from Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) to SharePoint Server 2013 and upgrade the database environment from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012. The DBA will need to supply recommendations on product licensing requirements, virtualization environments, server requirements and test environments. Once the recommendations are gathered the consultants will upgrade and migrate the SQL Server databases and SharePoint instances to the agreed upon virtual server environments.
The Department is currently a Microsoft .NET centric environment. This environment consists of three (3) physical servers that are used to house the Department’s Longitudinal Database (SAIN). The SAIN system also consists of a Microsoft SharePoint front end which contains several .NET applications delivered through SharePoint portal services. The back-end database is in MSSQL 2008 and is configured in a three (3) server fail-over cluster. The SharePoint environment consists of a production MOSS server and an IIS WEB interface. The Department has implemented a VMWare virtual server infrastructure and has migrated many of the legacy application servers over to this environment. The Department’s goal is to migrate all of the legacy servers into the new virtual infrastructure and retire the stand-alone servers currently supporting the SAIN system.
SQL Server DBA will perform the following functions:
- Providing recommendations on licensing needed to support the new SQL Server environments
- Upgrading the following instances of SQL Server: Production ODS, Production RPT,Test,Development
- Migration of SQL Server environments
- Migrate upgraded SQL Server environments to virtual server instances
- Give recommendations as to the needed virtual server specifications and setup
- Migration must be completed with no interruption to production services
- 5+ years of SQL Server administration (2008, 2010) with recent upgrade experience to SQL Server 2012. Previous experience with administration of VMWare virtual server infrastructure,MS Visio and MS Office.
- Must have experience in:Determining licensing requirements,Determining the necessary virtual resources,Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server environments
QAT provides a competitive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Qualified candidates interested in learning more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.