Solicitations Close: May 5, 2013
QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of Nebraska, is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to assist the Health and Human Services organization implement changes based on healthcare legislation. Position will be long term and will be based in Lincoln, NE.
The Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services is seeking one (1) experienced Sr. Project Manager to work in the Health and Human Services Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager will facilitate project initiation, planning, measurement and control activities for a variety of projects associated with the Nebraska Medicaid Program projects portfolio.
Portfolio projects address legislative mandates or key initiatives such as:
ICD-10 Medical Coding for entities covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA):
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:
Management Information Systems (MMIS):
Broadly, the position consists of some or all of the following activities:
- Start-up: chartering project objectives; defining project scope; building the project team; creating initial project budgets; identifying stakeholders; setting up project governance structures;creating project control processes and artifacts
- Planning: facilitating the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and drafting project plans; setting up project tools and infrastructure; conducting initial meetings with governance groups;creating project controls for issue, risk and financial management; beginning project reporting and task management / measurement
- Business Requirements: facilitating the work of teams in translating business objectives and vision into clear business requirements
- Solution design: facilitating the work of teams in defining concepts and principles for “as-is” and “to-be” states; conducting gap, process and workflow analysis
- Training and Organizational Change Management: Assist and facilitate teams in developing solution transition plans and training; conducting organizational change management activities
- Solution implementation: executing project implementation activities to install; monitor and manage solution in whole or in phases
- Implementation assurance: facilitate the work of teams in monitoring and correcting the solution to create a stable operational system for ongoinguse
- Project Closeout: conducting lessons learned workshops; archiving project artifacts and documentation; measuring business objectives to compare with project outcomes; turning over solution to operational management
Duties: Under the general direction of the PMO and defined project leadership, implements and operates critical project management processes within PMLC guidelines and best practice. Assists in the development, creation and maintenance of project plans, artifacts and associated reporting. Assists with financial reporting and controls as directed. Works with other projects and PMs to integrate and manage project plans, tasks and reporting. Communicates formally and informally with project leadership as directed. Works independently with diverse groups to proactively identify and execute on areas where project tools, project process or project infrastructure can be used to facilitate better outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least five, preferably seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- At least five, preferably seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- At least five, preferably seven years in the use of MS Project and CA Clarity Project Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively when under pressure, regardless of audience.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaboration skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Preferred seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- Preferred seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- Preferred seven years in the use of MS Project and CA Clarity Project Management tools.
- Preferred experience with health care claims processing operations and systems, including experience with health care claims coding and adjudication.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- PMI certification preferred.
QAT Global provides a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Short/Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an underscore between brent and hodgen)