QAT Global and Client Sensus to Present at Infotec
QAT Global is sponsoring the Innovators & IT Trends track at Infotec at the Quest Center on April 19-20. In addition, Rich Barndt, CTO of QAT will be presenting two sessions this year including Repeatable Transformation of IT Skills and Using Open Source Tools to Modernize Enterprise Batch Processing. We are also delighted to announce that QAT client Sensus will be presenting a case study on the development of their latest product titled Enterprise Success using Scrum and Open Source Technology. Please get registered for Infotec and plan on attending these three information sessions.
IT Leadership: Repeatable Transformation of IT Skills
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Rich Barndt – CTO, Q.A. Technologies Inc.
In this session we’ll review the idea of developing a repeatable IT skills transformation process within the enterprise. This involves transitioning legacy IT resources to new technologies as well as growing current resource skills to be prepared for future business needs. We’ll discuses why this is critical, what is involved in developing this and how to manage it for competitive advantage.
- Understand the meaning of a repeatable IT skills transformation and why it’s critical.
- Learn about the requirements involved and resources required to develop and manage this process.
- Gain an appreciation for the strategic benefits of repeatable IT skills transformation.
Using Open Source Tools to Modernize Enterprise Batch Processing
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Rich Barndt – CTO, QA Technologies
In this session, we’ll review the open-source architecture, software, tools, methodology and hardware used to modernize traditional Enterprise Scale batch-processing.
- Following this presentation, attendees will be able to articulate true modernization of traditional enterprise batch processing to modern architect using open-source technologies.
Case Study: Enterprise Success using Scrum and Open Source Technology
1:45 pm – 2:45 pm Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Matt Ferguson – Vice President of Software Engineering, Sensus (Raleigh, NC)
This is an introduction to the Sensus Lighting Control product and a discussion about how we delivered this green IT project in record time using a Scrum process with best-shore resources utilizing open source technology. The application is hosted and will run on 100% open source technology. We will discuss the technology utilized and how open source technology can be successfully deployed in large scale enterprise applications like this. We will also discuss why Scrum is the ideal methodology for distributed development teams and what makes it work.
- Learn more about Scrum and why it works so well with distributed teams.
- Recognize and understand how to be successful in the enterprise with open source technology
As the Midwest’s premier IT and business conference, Infotec has become an annual event you can’t afford to miss. The conference consists of nationally renowned keynote speakers who delve into today’s ever-changing business technologies and numerous breakout session tracks that explore the hottest trends and topics in IT. Best of all, Infotec provides attendees with applicable skills that their organizations can use to gain a competitive advantage. And decision makers see Infotec as a valuable opportunity to network with industry professionals and mingle with high-profile exhibitors to discover innovative ways to cut costs and increase revenue.
Latest posts by Karie Barrett (see all)
- Summer Marketing Internship: Content and Copywriting – Omaha, NE - May 17, 2019
- QAT Global IT Staffing Services and Customized Recruitment - May 16, 2019
- Life with IoT – Creating a Connected World - May 15, 2019