Solicitations Close: June 10, 2013
QAT Global, a long-term partner with the State of Nebraska is seeking a highly skilled QA and Testing Manager for the Health and Human Services Department located in Lincoln, NE.
QA and Testing Manager will manage and execute existing test processes while establishing and leading an improved Quality Assurance Testing function at the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Information Systems and Technology, Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). Increase end-user satisfaction, developer productivity and project coordination while integrating with the established software development and project management life-cycle.
- Define and manage the test methodologies, processes, staff and environments of the QA/Test function, supporting legacy and project teams in their functions of software maintenance / development.
- Manage existing per-release QA plan(s).
- Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments and regions, testing for all defined elements of a given test plan and performing all relevant release processes.
- Coordinate and prioritize testing cycle execution.
- Review, evaluate, and document existing Quality Assurance/testing code, processes and contributors.
- Review, evaluate, document dedicated/shared/integrated end to end hardware testing environments.
- Write, delegate, and utilize a consolidated suite of documented tests (both manual and automatic).
- Put together a plan for improved testing and test life cycle management, including areas for development environments, hardware environments, configuration requirements, staffing requirements and tactics to obtain specific results.
- Ensure testing cycles have clearly defined deliverables and timelines, and that these are met.
- Author, manage and review historical, existing and ongoing bug / trend reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Liaison with Project Managers and individual Software Development Managers to ensure delivery of a high-quality product is compatible with release timeline targets.
- Test conformance of products to unit, system, integration, regression, and end-user standards.
- Ensure that any QA/ Testing risks are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues, taking preventative action when any risk(s) become(s) unacceptable.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing, including training for testers, developers and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- 10 years’ experience managing the teams supporting the configuration environments and Quality Assurance / Testing department or function in recurrent software development organization, 15 years’ experience preferred.
- At least five, preferably 10 years of demonstrated experience in performing testing and maintaining the quality of complex software products.
- At least five, preferably 10 years of experience with automated test tools and management.
- At least five years’ experience as a first-level manager required. Experience with IBM/COBOL/CICS and DB2 is required.
QAT Global offers a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k, Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an underscore between brent and hodgen)