10 Questions to Reveal the Scope of Your Mobile App or Software Project
How Big is My Project?
1. Do you need geolocation capabilities?
- IP Addresses, MAC address, RFID
- Location-Based Services
2. Do you need secure payments?
- Will you be charging customers from day one or plan to in the future?
- What payment types do you plan on accepting?
- Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, Paypal, Debit Card, Electronic Check,etc?
“The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a very creative mind to spot wrong questions.” – Anthony Jay
3. What kind of data volume are you going to be storing?
- Gigabytes? None?
4. Are you envisioning phone apps, tablet apps, website?
- If so, which types of phones do you want to be compatible with? iPhone? Android?
- If so, which types of tablets do you want to be compatible with?
- Do you need a responsive web site? Mobile web site? CMS-based web site?
5. How graphic intensive is the design?
- Is it a game?
- Is the design image-based or text based?
- Does it need animation?
6. What kind of third party software and services are you planning on integrating with?
- Social networks?
- Financial software?
- Document management systems?
7. What kind of security do you need?
- Are you going to be storing personal data?
- Private messaging?
- Financial details?
“We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.” – From the Talmud
8. Do you have any existing infrastructure?
- If so, what kind exactly?
“Erroneous assumptions can be disastrous.” – Peter Drucker
9. What kind of searching capabilities do you need?
10. What kind of scale do you envision?
- Users per house?
- Users per minute?
“There is something that is much more scarce, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize ability.” — Robert Half
Ideas to drive your vision and beat your objectives
At QAT Global, we can help you explore the possibilities and discover new opportunities.
Our ideation services provide the following benefits:
- Discover new high-potential products, markets, needs, and features
- Define and shape the product vision to match market needs, regulatory requirements, and industry standards
- Define and validate the technology choices to ensure scalability and flexibility in a product’s design
- Create and manage highly skilled engineering teams through an offshore/onshore model
- Provide continuous visibility, iterative control, and reduced risks through Agile development methods
- Launch, host, and support the product through our partner network or your own
- Design user experiences that include easy navigation with rich visual experiences
- exploring the possibilities and discovering new opportunities
Innovation is more than just coming up with ideas for new products. We help companies apply the creativity process to improve their ideas, including features, user interface design, and platform(s) selection.
Helping you find ways to capitalize on change and maximize profits
Our Advisory Service Focus Areas:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Product Architecture
- Agile Development
- User Experience
- Cloud Strategy
- Mobile Applications Development
- Business Process Automation
- Delivering Business Value
- Sustainable performance improvement
- Strategic, operational, and transformation innovations
- Strategic IT effectiveness
In order to thrive, businesses today need to act on the rapidly changing market conditions with innovation and agility. Capitalizing on change and achieving long-term success requires business transformation.
Guidance and advice to CEOs, entrepreneurs, and marketing departments
Internet Business Consulting and Training:
- Custom training on aspects of online marketing
- Developing Internet Business objectives
- Inbound marketing strategy
- Understanding your competitive landscape
- Evaluating your existing Inbound marketing campaigns and ROI
Internet Technology Consulting:
- Determining which technology platform is best suited for your Internet Business needs
- Web Site Architecture
- SEO Architecture
- Redefining /redesigning your online presence
- Datafeeds and API setup
Start-up Internet Business Consulting:
- New Internet business concept analysis
- Market Analysis
- Assessment and testing technology for your start-up Internet business
With QAT Global as your partner, you instantly have marketing people who are technical.
Custom Software Development
Creating Rich Internet Applications and Web 2.0 applications and sites
- QAT Global offers some of the most brilliant business analysts and skilled software engineers working in synchronization with the client’s vision to collectively develop the most flexible and suitable software solutions for their business requirements.
- As pioneers of new technology, we are constantly evolving, offering new services and approaches. If you are interested in a cutting edge feature or technology, let us know what you are trying to accomplish. We thrive on new challenges and will find the best custom application design and development solution for the job.
Have an idea for something new? Want to create the next social network? You have come to the right place. We create forward-thinking, custom applications that can help you accomplish your business objectives.
Enabling businesses to get competitive edge through strategic resource models
- Lab Building – QAT Global’s Product Engineering Lab Partnership offering extends or creates software development capacity support for a single product or entire product line and drives innovation for companies by rapidly setting up an offshore product development center.
- Team Expansion – QAT Global’s On-Demand Product Engineering Teams offering enables clients to quickly extend their local engineering teams by integrating talented global engineering teams when scope, specification and implementation plans of a development project are reasonably well defined at the outset.
- Project Execution – QAT Global’s product development engineers can rapidly plug into a client’s short-term product development or product support plans as needed.
QAT Global offers clients the option of bestshore engagement models pulling resources from the US and/or our offshore development center located in Uberaba, MG, Brazil, where the average time difference to US CDT is only two hours.
Leading innovation and driving the next generation user experience in product development across your enterprise.
Who We Are
For over 17 years, QAT Global has been an innovation partner delivering high-quality results on time and on budget. QAT Global focuses on all aspects of R&D; we help our clients quickly get to market with new or enhanced products including custom software solutions, web software, desktop software, line of business applications, mobile applications, third-party integrations, e-commerce solutions, content management systems, rich internet applications, and mainframe applications. QAT Global has invested in key technical talent, jump-start tool kits, development libraries, methodologies, and templates that have been refined over many product development efforts and achieve above average, repeatable results for our clients.
QAT Global has a flexible operating model, we work with each of our clients to determine the right fit and we design an approach that will work the most effectively for each client. This always begins with helping our clients balance insight and ideals with strategic action. Most importantly, throughout our relationship, we always place the interests of our clients first.
- QAT Global is committed to delivering quality solutions and client satisfaction.
- QAT Global maintains the highest standards of professional integrity.
- QAT Global pursues technical growth and diversity to increase value for our clients and opportunity for our staff.
- QAT Global employs people with high capability and potential, exceptional creativity, and determination who work closely with one another and with our clients.
- QAT Global strives to provide each staff member with the freedom to grow personally and professionally.
- QAT Global fosters a working environment that encourages interactivity among our staff for sharing of ideas, experiences, and deployment of best practices.
- Avoiding “technology for the sake of technology
- Transparent processes
- Proven technologies
- No re-engineering the wheel
- Hiring the best talent
- Staying agile
- Budget consciousness
- Fostering innovation
Ever wish you could get inside the mind of a software developer so you could better understand what they are looking at when determining the scope, and thus cost, of a project? Software developers look at projects in terms of functional requirements and the technology required to deliver that functionality..
Learn what kinds of functional capabilities are important pieces in determining project scope in our new innovation guide, “How Big is My Project?,” which will walk you through the questions you will want to be able to answer as you prepare to discuss your idea with a software developer.
In this 27-page guide, you will learn:
- What kinds of functional capabilities are important in assessing project scope.
- What kinds of pre-existing infrastructure requirements a software developer needs to know about.
- What platform considerations are taken into account.
- What kinds of third party integration needs are important.