Solicitations Close: December 2, 2013
QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of NE is seeking a highly skilled PM to work with the Department of Education located in Lincoln, NE.
Under general direction, responsible for planning, directing and coordinating project management activities of the designated project(s) ensuring that the goals and objectives of the project(s) are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The Project Manager will provide leadership and management of standard project practices following an established Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Development Methodology (SDM). Overall the
Project Manager will:
Define project scope and objectives; develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, priorities, resource plans and status reports; prepare project status report and progress reviews to management, client, project sponsor; oversee the development of project deliverables; identify and manage project issues and escalate issues where necessary; review and analyze project plans and make recommendations regarding project feasibility, direction and prioritization;
Work in multiple roles including facilitator, project manager, consultant, process change analyst and is the single point of contact of the project; identify and report project risks and develop mitigation strategies for management; track the status of each project task and communicate status to the various stakeholders; identify resource needs, interview candidates for internal positions, and monitor project staff.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience managing large, complex, enterprise-scale system development and implementation projects.
- Experience managing all aspects of the large-scale software development lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements definition, design, development, testing, training, quality control and assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- Experience managing large-scale project using industry standard project management (PM) methods and tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Previous experience managing multiple projects of varying size (Program Management).
- Preferred Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification.
- Preferred experience in a state government environment managing development projects.
- Preferred experience working with Agile and Iterative Project Management approaches.
QAT Global provides a competitive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Qualified candidates interested in learning more please email email@example.com.