Job Posting – Project Manager/Project Coordinator – Closes 9/11/17
QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of Nevada, is seeking a skilled Project Manager/Project Coordinator for a multi-year opportunity with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
The 2015 Legislative Session approved Highway Fund appropriations and technology fee revenue to fund the System Modernization (SysMod) project, which will replace the existing and aging Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL) mainframe application and PowerBuilder applications running on disparate platforms. An Oracle based commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) platform will be implemented. SysMod will provide the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) with: improved DMV customer products, service to more customers, enhanced system security and disaster recovery, improved customer service, reduced transaction processing times, increased speed-to-market for DMV offered products, and reduced system enhancements backlog. The project is anticipated to take up to five (5) years to complete.
This request is for a Project Manager – Level I (PM1) (Project Coordinator) who will provide support to Project Managers and Business Process Analysts (BPAs) in both Project Management Office (PMO) duties and other project services for SysMod. The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting multiple concurrent projects, scheduling meetings, managing documentation processes, updating project plans, and managing PMO documentation. They will work with multiple project resources, BPAs, other project coordinators, DMV subject matter experts, and vendor resources using established DMV project methodologies.
- The Project Manager will report to Project Managers/BPAs or their designees and be responsible for ensuring the successful support of all PMO functions in the various subprojects assigned, within the allocated budget, applicable DMV policies, and State and Federal laws both current and future.
- The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for all aspects of supporting the Project Managers/BPAs in managing concurrent projects as assigned. Responsibility includes: Project documentation; Project plan updates; Managing PMO documentation; Scheduling meetings; Documenting meetings; or Other duties as assigned.
- Provide project management documentation as requested/required and maintain real-time status of concurrent projects at all times.
- Assist Project Managers/BPAs in preparing all documentation required such as status reports, ad hoc reports, financial reports, and presentations on a regular and on demand basis in accordance with appropriate business writing style consistent with DMV guidelines.
- Propose effective resource meeting scheduling in support of project objectives; Create PMO documentation consistent with DMV policies; Assist the Project Managers/BPAs in PMO duties.
- Assist Project Managers in updating project plans and processes with efficient completion in project processes including implementation schedule management, resource assessment, etc.
- Assist the Project Managers/BPAs/Team managing and updating Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Resolve conflicts and make timely decisions, involving the resource scheduling, documentation, and compliance when appropriate.
- Assist Project Managers with budget forecasting documentation.
- 3+ years of experience in concurrent project management support.
We provide a competitive benefits package to include, Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Interested in learning more start an email thread with email@example.com
QAT Global provides a comprehensive range of technical and strategic consulting services; we focus on how IT can make a real difference to client’s businesses by building in agility, streamlining business processes, integrating data assets in new ways, and transforming technical assets. We also help our clients quickly get to market with new or enhanced products including custom software solutions, web software, desktop software, line of business applications, mobile applications, third-party integrations, e-commerce solutions, content management systems, rich internet applications, and mainframe applications.