Open Source Software Development
Open Source Software Development Platforms – Lower TCO
Unlike commercially licensed software, open source software development platforms offer lower total cost-of-ownership, enhanced interoperability, faster time-to-market and technology transparency. Open source software is scalable allowing you to build anything from small office systems to large enterprise systems. Open source software and systems are currently used by government entities, large corporations, small to medium-sized businesses, and educational institutions all over the world. It also gives organizations access to expert resources and components that accelerate the development and release processes. When it comes to selecting the right open source platform to use as a building block for your project, we can help. From planning, to implementing a custom UI design across software programs, to building a custom plug-in, we do it all. QAT Global has the tools, processes, and experience necessary to help companies develop innovative solutions based on open source software products quickly and cost-effectively.
Additional Benefits of Open Source Software
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership and Reduced Vendor Dependence – Applications can be downloaded for free, thus making them readily available to anyone who needs their functionality, at no upfront cost. Open Source also comes with lower execution, maintenance and debugging costs. You also don’t have to pay for expensive upgrades.
- Low Investment – In addition, virtually all open source software runs on the Apache Web Server, which in turn runs on Windows, Linux, Solaris, and various other UNIX platforms. This means that your server investments can be utilized without incurring additional costs.
- Flexibility – open source software also typically has native support for many popular databases and an extensible architecture.
- Accessibility – With open source you have access to the source code, so you are free to modify the software as needed, including fixing faults and integrating applications. Proprietary or commercial software comes with significant restrictions on making changes and integrating other software.
- Redistribution – Since licenses are open, there are hardly any restrictions on the use or redistribution of the software, as well as the deployment of apps based on open source technology.
- Speed – Using open source applications and pre-packaged modules for application development can save around 30% – 40% of the development time.
Our Open Source Deployment Capabilities
At QAT Global, we employ open source platforms to build custom software for our clients and for internal use. We have decided to use open source platforms because we have found the technology to be stable, reliable, efficient and powerful. From your perspective, it means that you will avoid paying the expensive licensing fees that come with proprietary software in addition to the costs for the actual development of your software, while keeping your future options open regarding further expansion and growth. QAT Global has a flexible stack of open source software development framework technologies that is configurable to each client’s needs. Our prime goal is to help our clients capitalize on the strategic, technological, and financial benefits of open source software.
Over the years, we have built high competency in developing and customizing solutions based on various open source technologies. There are many successful open source software projects related to the development of operating systems, specialized software tools or applications for use in both customer-facing projects and for internal needs.
Businesses choose open source platforms for Enterprise use because of their flexibility, cost, customization factors and many more benefits.
QAT Global will help you to build the most suitable solution using open source technologies through open source software integration, migration to open platforms or with custom open source development.
QAT Global’s open source offerings are based on both need and product maturity:
- QuickStart utilizes a combination of consulting and development services to help early-stage firms identify the right combination of open source technologies for their products based on both functional and nonfunctional needs. Clients can also opt for QAT Global’s flexible open source stack to reduce time-to-market.
- WiseStart enables clients to develop products that are free from any commercial component loyalties that will eat into their profits. This offering helps clients (a) identify possible open source alternatives for existing commercial licenses and (b) migrate to that selected option.
- SimpleStart helps clients successfully scale down their products to fit within an SMB budget while maintaining a competitive edge and increasing interoperability.
- SafeStart helps developers assess the impact of each open source license on their products, thus enabling them to leverage open source without putting their products at risk.
Open source software adoption is a strategic business decision for a growing number of companies today. QAT Global works with clients to balance the value and risks of utilizing open source software in an enterprise environment.
QAT Global Can Help – Start the Conversation Today with a Discovery Session >>