Marketing Channels and Distribution for SaaS Products and Mobile Applications
The types of market channels that will be optimal for your product need to be identified, but there is also a need to analyze the people and organizations involved so that the product and service can be sold/distributed efficiently with control over and integration of selling and purchasing/adoption.
- Where will customers be able to get it?
- How will it be sold/distributed?
- How will it be delivered?
- How much will be sold/distributed? In phases/stages?
- How will it be promoted?
- What channels deliver the highest level of reach?
- What are “complimenting” products/services that may cue the purchase/adoption?
- Are there partnership and joint promotions that can be utilized for distribution?
- Which channels offer additional marketing value?
The overall system of SaaS and mobile applications is complicated today with international difference in data plans, Wi-Fi availably, and consumer electronic products that support mobile applications. This makes it necessary that the whole system from the telecommunications and device producers to the final consumer needs to be studied, not just the immediate market channel of the product and service from the company to the consumer. The domination of large multinational corporations in the space means they control — or at least strongly influence — the market channels. But there are still many small companies around the world which need to be reached.
In studying the market channel, the coverage of the target market achieved is determined, the costs estimated and the sales predicted for the different types of outlets in the market channel.
The launch of a new product and service is an excellent opportunity to study the alternatives for distribution. In the marketing of mobile applications, the Google Play Store and Apple App Store have become the all-important means of achieving distribution, but there may be an opportunity to look at additional distribution outlets such as the Amazon AppStore, AppsLib, operator/carrier app stores, and manufacturer-specific app stores.
Latest posts by Karie Barrett (see all)
- Summer Marketing Internship: Content and Copywriting – Omaha, NE - May 17, 2019
- QAT Global IT Staffing Services and Customized Recruitment - May 16, 2019
- Life with IoT – Creating a Connected World - May 15, 2019