IT Offshoring with Brazil Outsourcing
TALENT + COMPETITIVE COSTS + MINIMIZED RISKS
We believe that talent makes a difference to your success when outsourcing. We believe in growing and retaining talented people that will positively influence projects from inception to delivery. QAT Global does not think IT professionals should be treated as commodities, and we don’t agree that changing people in the middle of assignments is the same as changing bulbs in a house. When we work with clients, we have a commitment to them.
QAT Global offers our customers the option of offshoring software application development to Brazil through our fully owned and staffed Development Center in Uberaba, MG. The Brazil Offshore Development Center provides ROI that has been well-received by customers who have opted to outsource IT projects and take advantage of this facility and its technical resources. QAT Brazil brings a dedicated focus to the critical success factors and risk reduction methods in our IT offshoring development approach.
Customers offshoring to QAT Brazil have the option of cooperatively managing the project with their own staff, Omaha-based QAT Consultants, or a combination of both. The flexibility of offshoring either a portion of or the entire project to Brazil is a benefit clients enjoy who choose QAT Brazil.
When you select QAT Brazil for your offshore software development project, you can be assured that offshore development best practices principles will be the standard and norm.
QAT’s Brazil offshore development center is located in Uberaba, MG, Brazil. The time-zone is nearly the same as the US, which greatly reduces the challenges typically associated with offshore communications.
Culturally speaking, Brazilian IT professionals are a lot closer to US professionals than all other offshore centers across the globe. Curiosity, ingenuity, and friendliness are core features of Brazilian workers, along with a great sense of commitment to get the job done.
Brazil is a highly democratic nation and has a very stable economic and political climate. Brazil’s position in the Political Instability Index by ViewsWire is better than India and China (http://viewswire.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name=social_unrest_table&page=noads). Intellectual Property (IP) incidents are virtually inexistent.
QAT Global began its relationship with Brazil in 1998. Since that time, QAT has developed the best practices, techniques, and tools to support offshore – onshore collaboration.
In selecting the location for its offshore development center, QAT took into consideration the challenges presented by time zone differences between western business centers and many of the major offshore development sites in India and China. In these locations, there are few hours in the day when project participants can be found in both offices, which is always counterproductive and difficult to manage. With both the USA and Brazil being virtually in the same time zone, these challenges are mostly eliminated.
Brazilian Characteristics and Facts
- The size of the Brazilian software market is impressive, with sales of US $7.7 billion (2001).
- Brazil has a good infrastructure of telecommunications and energy.
- More than 6,000 PhDs in technology coming out of Brazil every year.
- “IT production in Brazil is one of the best kept secrets in the world.” remarked Alice Amsden, Professor of Economic Policy at MIT.
- Brazilian industry is conditioned by its historical legacy, besides its relevant role in the domestic economy. This distinguishes it from the other offshore hotspots and produces a different competitive strategy.
- Other technology companies present in Brazil include IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Dell, Oracle, Accenture, NEC, and Computer Associates.
Profile for the Brazilian IT Professional
- Extremely flexible and adaptable task force
- Easy acceptance of innovation
- Good technical skills
- Closely aligned with western culture
- Able to quickly learn the business requirements
- Entrepreneurial and creative problem solver
- Experience in developing complex projects
Our Brazil Offshore Skill Sets
- Java Technologies (J2EE/JSP)
- .Back End – Java MyBatis Spring Spring MVC
- Web Services and SOA (design and implementation)
- Legacy renewal and systems integration
- CA Gen (systems and plug-ins development)
Our Brazil Offshore Outsourcing Services
- Project Outsourcing and Maintenance
- Outsourced Product Development and Support
- Offshore Staffing
Repeatable Success for Offshore Software Development Projects
A full project team is headquartered at the office in Uberaba, MG, Brazil. The QAT Brazil Offshore Development Center is headed up onsite by Luís Pereira – Brazilian Office General Manager. Alex Barros is the Director of Brazil Operations and is based in Omaha, NE.
Clients who take advantage of QAT’s offshore development center in Brazil for their outsourcing needs, realize the same repeatable success as entirely onshore clients because we use a repeatable process methodology we call Agility RPM in all of our development centers. Our clients truly participate with our teams, onshore and offshore, in order to deliver a quality product on time and within budget.