Experienced WordPress Developer
Are you passionate about WordPress? Does pushing the boundaries of WordPress excite you? As a WordPress Developer, do you enjoy building solutions, not just websites?
QAT Global is a software development and IT staffing company with an outstanding global team. We help clients create custom solutions that run their business and serve their customers using WordPress or custom development. The demand for fresh ways to develop solutions quickly and inexpensively is growing fast, just like our WordPress solutions team.
We are looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our growing team. This is a remote position with regular online team calls and regular communications with our customers.
About The Role:
As a WordPress developer at QAT Global, you will work with a small, tight-knit, creative, and dedicated group of individuals who love WordPress and seeing what kinds of complex solutions they can develop with it. We look for inspired individuals that are happy to take initiative and who like to work self-motivated and self-reliant.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the building of new features by creating responsive, highly performant WordPress API endpoints
- Integrate WordPress with 3rd party APIs
- Develop WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Write custom functions based on those defined in the WordPress Code Reference and knowledge of how/when to use WordPress hooks
- Write database queries, views, and stored procedures to implement requirements Troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining the solutions, plugins, themes, and databases
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way
- Producing detailed specifications and user documentation
- Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years hands-on WordPress Integration experience using the API – adding and retrieving data.
- 2+ years experience in working with the WordPress Framework and developing WordPress Plugins and themes.
- Experience with WordPress core, loops, filters, API, caching mechanism, and various internal functions
- Experience building JSON REST APIs, preferably using WP-JSON
- Intimate understanding of Object-Oriented PHP and relational database structures
- Familiarity with Git, Webpack/NodeJS/NPM, Vagrant, ReactJS
- 2-4 years of current hands-on experience with PHP/MySQL & WordPress
- Knowledge of common WordPress issues and conflicts
- Proficient communication skills in English (Oral & Written)
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Hybrid or Fully Remote work in a communicative and friendly team
- Full-time 40hrs a week Monday through Friday
- Rarely you may be needed on a weekend if there is an emergency need or for scheduled standby duties after major releases
Be ready to show off the WordPress themes, plugins, sites, and solutions you’ve developed! Your CV/resume should include links to your work where possible. If you look like a good fit on paper, we’ll set up a virtual first interview to talk through the essentials. If you leave the interviewer excited about having you speak to our leadership team, we’ll set up a second technical interview as quickly as possible.
We’re looking forward to you talking us through the development of your previous projects and will have more challenging questions for you during the technical interview. The right candidate can expect an offer very quickly!
Up for the challenge? Apply here:
Please email cover letter and CV/resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Experienced WordPress Developer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!