Designing the Packaging for Your Product
The aim of packaging is to present a unique design which will stand out amongst the competition, encouraging consumers to purchase/adopt and use the product and service. Through the competitive analysis, supporting product analysis, and supporting technology analysis, you will be seeking answers to the following questions:
- What design style most appeals to your target audience(s)?
- What colors most appeal to your target audience(s)? What colors are your competitors using?
- Are the preliminary packaging plans correct?
- Are you planning delivery on the most popular platforms in the right stages of rollout?
Packaging design plays a vital role in helping to communicate the image of the product and service. This is true even for mobile applications and SaaS products where the packaging is a combination of the user interface, imagery, icons, and so forth. The development of packaging design consists first in choosing a brand and a product name and then developing a graphic design. The graphic design should be attractive but also informative, giving details on its purpose and how to use the product.
Latest posts by Karie Barrett (see all)
- Summer Marketing Internship: Content and Copywriting – Omaha, NE - May 17, 2019
- QAT Global IT Staffing Services and Customized Recruitment - May 16, 2019
- Life with IoT – Creating a Connected World - May 15, 2019