Solicitation Closes 5/21/14
QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of Nebraska is seeking 2 DB2 DBA’s for a Long term project located in Lincoln, NE.
Under supervision, this person provides System Database Administration support for the installation and maintenance of mainframe Database Management Systems (DBMS) in the State’s Enterprise Computing Services area. Candidate provides technical support for the migration, backup, recovery, and installation of large-scale database management subsystems, as well as maintains the performance and efficiency of the State’s many DBMS environments at the systems database level. This person will work with Application staff to promote new technologies and systems capabilities, as well as insuring the continued operation of the State’s vital information systems.
- This position will be responsible for supporting the IBM DB2 for z/OS relational database environment. These duties will include monitoring System and Vendor databases for reorganization requirements, and scheduling and executing database backup and maintenance activities with the appropriate business areas. The duties also include performance-tuning activities at both the system and database levels; to ensure that effective and efficient resource utilization is achieved. This position will help develop and support the policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines governing the creation, implementation and execution of database objects and the supporting utility functions.
- This position will be responsible for supporting the initial development or the enhancement of systems software that rely upon mainframe or multiple platforms DB2 services. The duties include providing input and review of the analysis phases, the generation and alteration of database structures, and the implementation of DB2 objects in to the development and production environments. These duties will also include providing support in the several operational areas to ensure that the function and efficiencies of new and altered systems conform to the sound resource utilization standards and practices of the state’s computing systems.
- This position will be responsible for DB2 for z/OS system problem resolution. These duties will include the identification of problems and the possible causes, the analysis of contributing factors, and the formulation of potential solutions. This position must coordinate and communicate the problem resolution activities with all concerned parties, and utilize formal problem management systems to document the problem identification, analysis and solutions.
- This position will provide systems software support for the installation and the use of vendor products that are used to monitor, control and configure the DB2 environment and its various resource requirements. The duties include participation in the implementation and verification processes associated with multiple products and the formulation of precise and adequately detailed communiqués with Systems Administration and vendor technical support staff.
- On Call rotation support will be required.
- Must have experience in the analysis and maintenance of DB2 objects and have a working knowledge of SQL and programming efficiencies used in DB2 application programs. Must have experience in preparing and executing DB2 programs and utilities.
- Must have demonstrated experience with TSO, QMF, ISPF, SDSF, and JCL preparation and execution.
- Experience with IBM DB2 Administration, Automation, Table Editor, SQL Performance Analyzer, Log Analysis, Query Monitor, Websphere Replication, Omegamon XE for DB2 PM, and Compuware File Aid for DB2 would be a plus.
- Actual experience with Client/Server interfaces and development would be a plus.
- Actual experience installing and supporting IMS would be a plus.
- Actual experience with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g. Word, Excel) would be a plus.
QAT Global provides a comprehensive benefits package to include, Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.