The most common area for failure in custom software application development projects is the hand-off between enterprise architecture and application architecture. Taking the hard work of an enterprise application framework and reference architecture and developing a true application requires detailed methodology, firm understanding of application development principles, and strict adherence to standards for software development. QAT Global Application Architects have the proven experience to bridge the gap between enterprise and application architecture, using Agility RPM℠’s proven methodology and standards and applying either our jDaptive or nDaptive application platform or a custom one developed specifically for you. Our services mitigate the most common risk to successful application deployment and position your critical software for success.
The QAT Global Software Architecture service includes:
- Create candidate and solution architectures.
- Analyze technical environment for reusable components, services, and platforms.
- Integrate an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and define adapters.
- Assure compliance with reference architecture and enterprise standards.
- Plan the integration of legacy applications and phase out roadmaps.
Application Requirements Analysis and Design
QAT Global provides consulting for requirements analysis and design in custom software development projects. Modern software has progressed quickly from the traditional monolithic architectures and into the loosely coupled, service-based designs inherent within an SOA environment. The task of analyzing requirements and designing custom software has changed dramatically along with the underlying architectures. As you prepare to begin the requirements and design tasks for your new system, there is no end of options for external consulting partners skilled in traditional application design, but QAT Global stands alone in this area as the premier provider of custom software development within modern environments.
The QAT Global Software Application Requirements Analysis and Design service includes:
- Define and design service components, services, and frameworks.
- Design web services for maximum reusability.
- Design and prototype UI (Web, Window, etc.…).
- Design database structure, relational layout, and performance profiling.
- Develop prototype code to guide development efforts and prove concepts.
Multiple design methodologies exist for requirements analysis and application design (such as Agile, RUP, and others). At QAT Global, Agility RPM℠, which combines the iterative development components of Agile, the proven requirements definition techniques of RUP, guided by one of our Architects or a Project Manager with the years of experience in the unique design challenges of custom software development, enables us to create superior project specifications so our team has an excellent technical understanding of your projects.
Business and Systems Integration
QAT Global provides consulting for business and systems integration. Organizations moving to an SOA-based architecture face the ubiquitous problem of integrating existing and legacy applications and data sources into the new architecture. In addition, most organizations today also have increasing integration needs with partner-provided applications or hosted applications and data sources. A true SOA system must incorporate new services with existing applications, partner data sources, and hosted applications. QAT Global’s Business and Systems Integration services ease the transition to SOA by interfacing legacy and external resources into new systems.
QAT Global has significant experience with incorporating external applications and data sources into your internal architecture to extend your business beyond the walls of your organization.
The QAT Global Business and Systems Integration service includes:
- Develop web service wrappers for existing data sources and functions.
- Integrate services into an ESB and SOA infrastructure.
- Integrate legacy applications through web services or custom adapters.
- Integrate partner applications and data sources into new applications.
- Expose core functionality of existing systems for use by other applications.
- Leverage existing code and databases within your modern SOA environment.
Iterative Application Services
QAT Global provides outsourcing and consulting for custom software development projects. Custom software development requires specialized skills and techniques. These include proven, hard-to-find skills such as web services, SOA, XML, .NET, J2EE, and ESB integration. No matter the development or deployment platform, the experience of QAT Global consultants trained in Agility RPM℠ maximizes the value of a new system by accelerating the deployment time while meeting or exceeding all user requirements.
QAT Global uses our repeatable process methodology we call Agility RPM℠. Agility RPM℠ is not a new non-standard development approach but is rooted in Agile software development methods and industry best practices to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality products to our clients. Agility RPM℠ is also agile and flexible enough to account for the uniqueness of your project while still being repeatable with clearly defined processes, artifacts, and client involvement to ensure that we are developing the right product at the right time.
QAT Global’s Custom Software Development Iterative Application Services include:
- Execute full lifecycle projects based on software designs.
- Utilize Agile development methodologies with strict governance.
- Develop web services, data access adapters, and business logic.
- Define testing scenarios and perform QA and UAT testing.
- Deploy completed system into production usage.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of production systems.