Solicitations Close: May 9, 2013
QAT Global is seeking a skilled BA with Technical skills to assist in developing a plan which will ease the transition of clients currently enrolled in the Womens’ Health Connection program who may be eligible for Medicaid in 2014. Project will be based in Carson City, NV for a three month duration.
Nevada Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program Women’s Health Connection (WHC) received a planning grant to collaborate with Nevada Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) to develop a plan and outline the steps involved which will ease the transition of clients currently enrolled in the Women’s Health Connection Program who may be newly eligible for Medicaid in 2014 and to educate existing and newly enrolled Medicaid clients on the importance of cancer screening and early detection.
Consultant must perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
The grant is designed to assist in the development of roadmaps or algorithms offering guidance in population-based approaches to increase cancer screening participation for a public, which has substantially increased access to screening through the implementation of health care reform.
The intent is to encourage and support collaboration between and capacity development within Nevada Health Division Chronic Disease Programs and Nevada Medicaid.
The grant addresses the CDC Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Domain #3 – Health system interventions to improve the effective delivery and use of clinical and other preventive services in order to prevent disease, detect diseases early, and reduce or eliminate risk factors and mitigate or manage complications. The grant engages Medicaid to expand screening and education services for early detection of cancer.
The grant funds development of a process to develop and promote plans to create strategies to:
Formalize collaborative agreements for chronic disease programs and State Medicaid programs, with a focus on policy development;
Develop and implement outreach demonstration projects to transition Woman’s Health Connection enrolled women into expanded Medicaid programs; and Plan and develop/expand data-registries and linkages to track cancer screening and plan outreach needs.
Consultant must provide the following based on the agreed upon project plan/schedule:
- Identify key personnel within DHCFP to provide technical guidance and support of program and policy, information technology and outreach to existing Medicaid client base;
- Convene monthly coordination meetings to work on activities that encourage all partners to be clear, realistic and proactive in development of infrastructure and processes to share data across agencies;
- Establish memoranda of understanding (MOU) with Medicaid to assure quality and timelines of cancer screening data and service delivery;
- Development and submission of interim progress and final project report;
- Participation in virtual site visits and NACDD project calls;
- Analyze existing cancer screening data captured by DHCFP and develop plan to collect and integrate additional data, as needed, to measure and monitor population based cancer screening;
- Establish plan to link DHCFP screening data to existing Nevada cancer screening programs;
- Identify training needs for State staff to access and utilize DHCFP cancer screening and adherence data through a web portal;
- Collaborate with DHCFP and WHC IT vendor to plan development or enhancement of existing patient data tracking system that supports adherence to screening cycles and case management services following enrollment from the initial screening through final screening diagnosis and treatment.
- Must have experience in program documentation, general database design and development, and process development. The consultant will be responsible for design and creation of algorithms to implement a cancer screening registry and data exchange between Health Division Chronic Disease Section and Nevada Medicaid.
- Consultant must have the ability to perform feasibility studies/cost benefit analysis for information systems and set priorities that accurately reflect division goals.
- Consultant should possess skills in researching, writing, and presenting program plans, creation of statistical reports, establishing and maintaining project priorities, timelines and completion dates.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, management information systems, or other disciplines related to the assignment and three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in a related program area analyzing and interpreting program laws, regulations, policies and procedures, which included two (2) years of experience applying recognized data processing concepts to business process planning and analyses.
QAT Global provides a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Interested candidates please send your resume to email@example.com (there is an underscore between brent and hodgen)