Solicitations Close: September 16, 2013
QAT Global, a long-term partner with the State of Nevada is seeking a Business Analyst or Network Administrator to assist the NDOT with implementation of an E Discovery and Litigation Case Management System. Position will be located on site in Carson City, NV.
The Nevada Department of Transportation’s litigation cases have been steadily increasing which is causing outstrip of available resources. The increase in case load has amplified the complexity to identify where relevant electronic data is being stored and how to extract and store the data. The agency is currently in the procurement process of a full life-cycle eDiscovery and Litigation Case Management System. The consultant will be assisting existing staff in providing technical and operational support to align the Agency with eDiscovery Best Practices; as well as providing solutions for collection and preservation of paper and electronically store information (ESI) as part of the Discovery Litigation and Non-Litigation projects.
- Consultant must perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
- Review existing Agency methodologies relating to document retention; handling of physical and electronic documents, identifying custodians; issuance of legal holds, collection, preservation and production of electronically stored information.
- Review the Agency’s information infrastructure and serve as a knowledgeable resource to reliably support the identification of system and custodians relevant to legal matters.
- Create written policies and procedures and develop recommendations to the entire team that ensure legally defensible collection and preservation practices are in place.
- Provide general user support for all matters related to electronically stored information and focus on media or data handling associated with e-Discovery processing activities.
- Contribute to the implementation of an eDiscovery and Litigation Case Management System.
- Act as a liaison between the Legal Team and Information Technology on discovery projects.
- Provide reports relating to evidence handling as requested.
- Provide technical solutions to automate processes or functions to improve data storage and retrieval.
- Train team members, as needed, on proper handling and documentation of electronic evidence to ensure legally defensible practices are utilized.
- Manage and coordinate meetings and communications between internal and external parties during discovery to ensure completion of projects are timely and accurate.
- Track custodial collection progress and work-flow and provide status reports when required
- Consultant must provide the following based on the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
- Two (2) months to review and produce a detailed report of agency’s existing methodology around electronically stored information and provide recommendations and a road map in order for the agency to comply with industry eDiscovery best practices and standards.
- Six (6) weeks to review and document the agency’s information infrastructure and identify where electronically stored information is being kept by custodians.
- Three (3) months to create written policies, standards and procedures for department’s handling and preservation of electronic discovery to ensure legally defensible practices are in place.
- Six (6) weeks to implement and conduct training sessions for Agency staff on new Policy, Standards and Procedures (PSPs).
- Create logs and status reports on cases, collections, custodians, and discovery projects.
- Create weekly status reports
- Strong knowledge and experience with eDiscovery technologies, defensible collections, preservation practices and litigation support;
- Knowledge and experience with litigation process as well as providing technical and operational solutions in the area of collection and preservation of electronically stored information (ESI);
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Textpad, Beyond Compare, Rich Copy, and Robocopy;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED
- Understand the EDRM Reference Model and lifecycle a plus.
- Understand the electronic discovery collection and forensic processes.
- Experience in participating in the management of large discovery matters from inception to completion.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Command Line (Dos) Scripting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems; email messaging and journaling with enterprise systems such as Barracuda Email Archiving.
- Experience with document management and retention best practices and standards and how it relates to litigation cases.
QAT Global provides a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an underscore between brent and hodgen)