QAT Global, a long term partner with the State of NV is seeking a highly skilled ARCGIS Developer with solid .Net skills for a long-term position with the Nevada Department of Transportation located in Carson City, NV.
- Consultant will perform advanced-level GIS software development work by: collecting user requirements; designing, writing, testing, deploying and documenting new GIS software applications.
- Consultant must communicate and collaborate effectively with a broad spectrum of groups, including IT, GIS and other staff.
- Consultant may also be utilized to provide code review, optimization and refactoring, as well as functionality enhancements to existing applications or applications under development by other divisions.
- Consultant must perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
- Consultant must adhere to software development best practices; maintain code in shared source code repository, display and maintain technical currency with coding techniques and relevant IT and GIS technologies.
- Consultant will apply advanced knowledge of GIS software, database, web, and programming technologies in support of the Department’s Enterprise GIS system.
- GIS application development responsibilities will include performing requirements analysis and design, coding, testing, validation, documentation and maintenance of mobile, desktop and web-based GIS applications.
- Consultant may lead or assist in the development and implementation of divisional and enterprise-level GIS processes, workflows and solutions.
- Consultant will regularly interact with, and coordinate activities with personnel from the Department’s IT Division, management and departmental staff.
- Consultant must provide the following based on the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
- Fully functional GIS applications which accurately reflect the user’s needs.
- Clear, concise, and complete documentation of system requirements, system architecture, database design, software technical details, and end-user instructions/help and Bi-weekly status reports
- 5 Years of experience using ArcGIS Desktop (9.x or 10.x) and ArcGIS Server (9.x or 10.x), including the creation of custom Python scripts.
QAT Global provides a competitive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
Interested candidates please contact email@example.com for more information and to begin the application process.