We work on your behalf to deliver unbiased feedback. You get actionable information, clearly communicated.
One of the calculated steps to help business grow fast and stay ahead in this competitive market is adoption of agile methodologies. This calls for an evolution in testing to Agile testing.
Agile Testing is a software testing practice that follows the principles of Agile software development. Agile development integrates testing into the development process, verses having it as a separate phase. Testing therefore is an integral part of the core software development and actively participates though out the software coding process. Agile Testing involves a cross-functional Agile team actively relying on the special expertise contributed by Testers. This allows the combined team to better meet the project’s defined business, software usability, quality, and timeline objectives. Agile testing allows the team to work at a sustainable pace because testing occurs in real time, allowing testers to collaborate actively with the development team and giving them an ability to identify any issues and transfer those into executable specifications that guide coding. Testing and coding are done incrementally and iteratively, building up each feature until it provides enough value to release to production.
Why Agile Testing?
Advantages of Agile Testing
- Testing requirements are discussed and refined as a team (stand-ups / Scrums) allowing combined team to better address the business/technical aspects of the requirement. This enables overall alignment and prevents misunderstandings.
- Agile process often requires having an entry and exit criteria for stories (a compression of things to do in a particular release/iteration). Agile testing ensures that each requirement is well defined and is measurable, allowing you to determine whether the requirement was actually completed or not.
- QA participates in the big picture requirements writing stage. This ensures testing estimates aren’t overlooked.
- Automated tests are fully leveraged to implement Regression.
- Quality becomes the combined team’s responsibility, rather than just solely that of QA. The entire team agrees to the testing strategies, test cases and defects prioritization plan.
Establishing agile testing processes is our expertise. Our testers understand speed, feature stories, and Agile test design. At QAT Global, we advance along with the industry’s latest methodologies and have a proven agile testing methodology. Short QA cycles in Agile development can be challenging for a QA team to release on schedule. You need never miss another deadline. Instead, you can reap the benefits of our skilled and experienced software testers. We offer Agile testing on-site, onshore, or in our Brazil offshore offices, allowing you to take advantage of QA testing in whatever model fits your needs best.
Benefits of Partnering with QAT Global
- Synergy between business, development, and QA
- A proven Agile testing methodology
- Project governance
- A collaborative approach
QAT Global provides testing services using our proprietary Agile testing approach, which is based on standard Agile principles and augmented with our own expertise. Our services are customized to meet each client’s unique business needs. We utilize proven testing approaches to effectively support the client’s technical environment. QAT Global embraces an approach to quality assurance and testing that includes:
- Adopting a team approach to identifying and addressing quality issues
- Reviewing quality throughout all stages of the development process
- Automating tests early and often
While customizable for every project, our automation testing strategy utilizes best practices based on previous experiences and real-world lessons learned. Each project’s automation testing strategy includes the following components:
- Strategy development
- Maintainable test automation framework
- Specific tools and approach for each level of testing
- High-impact automation, including automated unit testing
- Collaboration with Quality Assurance (QA) team for knowledge share and automated user story testing
- Tools aligned with the client environment, budget criteria, technologies, and available skill sets
We can also consult or augment your own agile QA teams by scoping, planning, and executing User Stories. Our QA Engineers and testing experts create User Story Acceptance Tests and then we execute and automate them. When we build User Stories for functional testing, we always keep regression in mind so you are prepped with a suite of automation scripts.
For more information about how our Agile Testing Services can solve your testing needs, contact us now.